Change Dashboard Background
This tip here only worked until OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Since OS X Yosemite (10.10), the background of the Dashboard is a blured version of the wallpaper on Desktop 1.
Steps to change the dashboard background:
- Find a suitable image with good resolution, in PNG format. Use at least 2880 x 1600 for best results.
- Save the image as pirelli.png, and duplicate it as firstname.lastname@example.org (the @2x is for retina displays).
- Next, open up Finder and select Go → Go To Folder option and enter the following path:
- This will open up the resources of Dock.app application. Replace the two files named pirelli and pirelli@2x. When asked to authenticate, enter the password since you are modifying system files.
- Restart the dashboard application: