Program Vortex Mechanical Keyboard
To program one of the layers 2-4 (the first one cannot be programmed) follow the following steps:
- Choose the layer you want to program (Fn + <,>).
- Enter the programming mode Fn + Right Ctrl. Spacebar right LED should lit steadily.
- Press the key you want to program. Spacebar right LED flashing.
- Press the keys you want and then press Pn. Spacebar right LED lit steadily again.
- Repeat to program other keys.
- Press Fn + Right Ctrl to exit programming mode. Spacebar right LED off.
Although there is already a macOS layer, at minimum you probably would want to map these combinations as well, to benefit from the extra Home and End keys:
⌘ + Left (CMD + Left) → Home ⌘ + Right (CMD + Left) → End
- Every key can program up to 32 key strokes.
- To reset a programmed layer, press and hold FN + R. Spacebar left LED will flash for around 5 seconds, then the layer will be restored to default.